Eco, what for?
Rather than incinerating leftovers from the timber processing industry, transforming them into thermal energy, biobrush turns them into toothbrush, with negligible carbon footprint. Our eco toothbrushes and their packaging contain only very low percentage of fossil material.
Our bioplastic and packaging film base on left over wood chips from the timber processing industry. It is used for the handle and the packaging. As a basis for the nylon bristles we use natural castor oil.
- For the production of our bioplastic we use natural emollients. The amount of heavy metals in our carefully selected pigments, used for the colouring of the the toothbrushes, is way below threshold.
- For the bristles we use nylon based on natural castor oil. According to independent dentists nylon is the ideal, most hygienic material for dental care.
- The use of fossil material for manufacturing the bioplastic, the bristles and packaging is reduced to a minimum. For the bioplastic wood waste, which would normally be incinerated, is used.
- The wood comes from sustainable forestry (certificate available).
- As our toothbrushes contain only very small amounts of fossil material, their carbon footprint at the end of their lifecycle is negligible.
- Thermal energy resulting from their incineration will provide households with electricty and heating.
- biodegradable* – The colours used in our toothbrushes comply with DIN EN 13432. The bioplastic is biodegradable in compliance with DIN EN ISO 14855 and our award-winning packaging is even compostable.
- Our eco toothbrush is Made in Germany.